$ ❯ CrowderSoup

A website about programming, technology, and life.

Day 2: Fixing my Hugo BaseURL

by Aaron Crowder on in Projects

Yesterday I embarked on 100 Days of IndieWeb. Blog first, distribution second. Write first, edit later. I also wrote that I hoped to find/fix issues and streamline my posting process.

Bryce Wray was kind enough to point out that I had an issue with relative links in my RSS feed. I was able to fix the issue by setting the BaseURL config value in my config.toml. The issue I had to tackle wasn’t just setting the value, I had to set it based on environment.

Hugo let’s you set these values with environment variables. So in each environment I set a variable that has the BaseURL set correctly.

Can’t wait to see wait tomorrow brings me to fix!